Home Forums Miscellaneous Gardening 3 point quick connect hitch sizing?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Hey guys,

I am looking to buy a 3 point quick connect hitch for my Kubota. They range widely in price, and I was wondering if anybody on here has a recommendation on sizing (beyond category) and brands?

Thank you in advance!

iaredneck72
    Participant
    Up
    Down

How many horse is your Kubota? Category is going to be your driver on what to get. Before getting a quick attach, check to see all your implements are quick attach compatible.

I bought my tractor at auction and came with a quick attach. Not all of my attachments are quick attach compatible, though I get by with using the quick attach on some. They jiggle a little bit or have been modified. My tiller and snow blower are examples.

CRIA1576
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thank you for the reply. My Kubota is a B2410 compact with 24Hp. It has a cat 1 3 point on it.

Regarding compatibility, what has to exist for them to work? I have a sandbox and am getting a tiller this week. Are there adapters/sleeves available to make them compatible?

iaredneck72
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’ve got a Kubota B7800 30hp. I believe the 3pt is rated at cat. 1 but the quick hitch is cat. 2 My implements are cat 0 or 1. What I have found is that the quick hitch has accommodations for larger diameter pins. When hooked up to cat 0 or 1 implements, they will sit in the hitch sloppy. There are sleeves you can put on that increase the pin diameter. The issue then becomes, with the sleeve adapters, will you have enough clearance to hook the hitch to the implement as it centers itself on the hitch. The compatibility applies to how the implement is manufactured and clearances, pin diameters, etc at the attachment points.

I take my quick hitch off when using my tiller, potato plow and moldboard for two reasons. The two plows don’t fit on the quick hitch due how they are made. The tiller doesn’t bounce around due to loose fitment. I can put cat. 2 sleeves on the tiller pins, but then won’t have the clearance to hook up the tiller due to how the tiller is manufactured.

I have seen sleeve adapters that you can put on the two lower arms of the 3pt and have a “U” attachment rather than an eye. From all that I see, and the negative reviews, these are not engineered well.

I have pieced-mealed my ‘toy collection’. Knowing what I know now, I would have done better research to make sure everything ‘matches’ and works. However, I am an auction junkie and can deal with uninstalling/reinstalling my quick hitch if I get a good price on a ‘needed’ implement.

Hope that helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.